Asbestos training should be given to anyone working on buildings built before year 2000. All our essential health and safety compliance training courses are tailored to suit the needs of our clients. The course are usually delivered on site at clients premises or on construction sites, delegates will be taken through a full IATP approved syllabus.
Two main types of information, instruction and training:
(a) Asbestos awareness training.
This is for those persons who are liable to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or who may influence how work is carried out, such as:Guidance 9 Regulation 10 ACOP 10 Work with materials containing asbestos Page 37 of 98 Health and Safety Executive.
(b) Training for non-licensable asbestos work.
This is for those who undertake planned work with asbestos which is not licensable such as a roofer or demolition worker removing a whole asbestos cement sheet in good condition or analytical staff and asbestos surveyors.
On completion of our asbestos training courses delegates will:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke.
- Understand the procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACM’s and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work;
- Know what to do if suspicious materials are found;
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos; Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
- Have an awareness of the general legislation in relation to health and safety and asbestos.
- Have an awareness of the key elements of the Control of asbestos Regulations 2012 and the new Approved code of practice L143 Managing and working with Asbestos.
If you are interested in our training courses, please call us on 0330 100 0881.