Deceased decorator “regularly exposed to asbestos dust”

23rd June 2015

A decorator who passed away after being diagnosed with mesothelioma was regularly exposed to asbestos dust, his widow has claimed.

Morris Ware passed away in August 2014 at the age of 77. Before his death, Mr Ware contacted Novum Law to say he believed his cancer was caused by regular exposure to asbestos dust whilst working for Croydon Council – formally known as Croydon Corporation. He recalled having to rub down asbestos roof tiles as part of a school refurbishment job, reports croydonadvertiser.co.uk.

Mr Ware also told Andrew Stinchcombe, his solicitor, that he was regularly exposed to asbestos dust whilst carrying out decorating work on a number of new homes in New Addlington. His widow Maureen now wants people who worked with Morris to come forward, so she can fight for justice for her husband’s death.

Mr Stinchcombe stated: “I would like to encourage anyone who worked with Morris at Croydon Corporation between 1961 and 1963 and has information on the working conditions to get in touch by calling me on 0800 884 0555 or by emailing me at astinchcombe@novumlaw.com.”

A spokeswoman for Croydon Council expressed her sympathies for Mr Ware’s family, but said the council will not comment any further for the time being, as it is now a legal matter.