In accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations, ACOP L8, HSG274, HTM04-01 and the Health and Safety at Work Act, it is a legal requirement to protect your staff and visitors from exposure to controllable risks. Regardless of the size of the property or water system, water hygiene is your responsibility.
A legionella risk assessment of hot and cold water systems should be carried out to identify sources of potential microbiological growth. Routine testing for Legionella should be carried out as advocated by the risk assessment, to minimise bacterial proliferation and dissemination.
The risk assessment report needs to show where the site is and the duty holders name. The report will list all water systems and the points of entry. It should list all water assets and have an individual asset risk assessment for each asset and the reports should show a management plan for each asset and a management plan for the site.
Problem areas when testing for Legionella
Any water system, with the right environmental conditions, could be a source for Legionella bacteria growth. There is a reasonable foreseeable Legionella risk if your water system;
- has a water temperature between 20-45 deg C
- creates and/or spreads breathable droplets, eg. aerosol created by cooling towers or water droplets or even taps
- stores and/or re-circulates water
- is likely to contain a source of food for the organism, eg. presence of sludge, scale or fouling.
Our water hygiene consultants provide a comprehensive sampling service to ensure your water systems are safe and you are fully compliant with the regulations.
Legionella remedial works
If you have discovered Legionella in your water system, ASI Environmental also offer an extensive refurbishment service which includes the installation of new water systems or an upgrade of your existing water system in compliance with current statutory requirements.
We use fully trained operatives to carry out the following works:
- Tank replacements
- Tank relining
- Installation of new tank lids and screened vents
- Installation of screened overflow guards
- Tank and pipework insulation
- Mains conversion from tank fed systems to mains
- Dead legs of pipework removal
- Pipework redirection
- Tank clean and chlorination
- Tank coating
- Safe access to water services
- Installation of TMVs & servicing
- Installation of PRVs & NRVs
- Any plumbing work of any water systems
All areas of the UK covered, contact us for details.